Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What a week!

In the last 10 days I have done several things I am not particularly fond of, some of them more than once. They include: shopped for school clothes; visited the emergency room; added a class, dropped it and added it back again (all because my prof can't keep straight which section gives me the credit I need); worked on a mind-boggling report until my eyes bled only to have the meeting canceled; stepped on a scale; subjected myself to a sleep study; was outbid on a replacement Blackberry on Ebay; started a diet; blew a diet; took my kid to orientation at her new school; argued with my ex over our kid; waxed my eyebrows and found out that a couple of my "friends" said something very hurtful about me behind my back.

But, there were also good things that happened. I took my 12-year-old to get her eyebrows waxed for the first time. She tried really hard not to cry and it was pretty funny. My husband and I took my mother-in-law to dinner Saturday. I always enjoy her company. I had a long talk with my oldest daughter and was impressed by her maturity and sincerity. I don't know how I managed to raise such a beautiful person. My husband didn't go blind from his accident. I could go on, but you get the point. For every negative, there is a positive. For every action, an equal and opposite reaction. Life is both good and bad, rewarding and frustrating. I'm just happy I am along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment